© Richard Bell Architecture Visualisations by Harris Kalinka
This site is located within Fulham Cemetery in London. It comprises a disused, locally listed lodge building built in 1865 and some adjacent grounds maintenance buildings. The locality of the site called for a design that was respectful of the needs of those visiting the cemetery and also mindful of the privacy required by those in the house. A design was therefore developed that was consciously inward looking but that also took advantage of the sylvan vistas offered by the surrounding cemetery.
Planning permission was successfully achieved for this project in 2014 but the site was sold before the project was realised.